Engagement: February 8-April 16, 2017
10 Marriott Drive
Lincolnshire, IL 60069 | website
Mamma Mia! is one of Broadway’s longest running hits and it can be seen now at the Marriott Theatre in Lincolnshire, Illinois.
This high energy, musical performance will make you want to stand on your feet and dance to the iconic ABBA songs that we all know and love.
Donna Sheridan is a single Mother who exudes grit and is full of life; she has raised her determined daughter, Sophie on a beautiful Greek Island. Donna invites two of her best friends, Rosie and Tanya whom she has known for most of her life to Sophie’s wedding; the relationship between the three women is magical. To watch the way these women interact with each other brings laughter, sadness and an appreciation of the bond that is formed between friends.
Sophie is not sure who her father is and she very cleverly brings three men to her wedding from her Mother’s past whom could be her possible father. Sophie is determined to have her father walk her down the aisle. The antics which ensue during the 24 hour time period after the three men arrive on the aisle are full of laughter, chaos, emotion and incredible fun!
Director: Rachel Rockwell, Set Designer: Scott Davis, Costume Designer: Theresa Ham, Choreographer: Ericka Mac and Musical Director: Ryan T. Nelson knock it out of the park with this astounding musical production!
The incredibly talented cast of this Mamma Mia! production fit the roles effortlessly and will make you feel like you are a part of the enchanted Greek aisle wedding. The collaboration and timing of each character within their part and with each other were that of a perfectly timed clock, it was perfection.
The performance schedule for Mamma Mia!:
Wednesdays: 1:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
Thursdays: 8:00 p.m. **Select Thursdays 1:00 p.m. shows
Fridays: 8:00 p.m.
Saturdays: 4:30 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
Sundays: 1:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.
I’ve written about the Marriott Lincolnshire Theatre numerous times and each performance I have attended has been a top tier, professional and entertaining performance. I will provide some of the highlights of the outstanding Marriott Theatre here:
- The Marriott Theatre is located at Marriott’s Lincolnshire Resort on the south-east corner of Route 21 (Milwaukee Ave) and Route 22 (Half Day Road).
- The Marriott Theatre in Lincolnshire first opened in 1975. The theater has 360 degree seating and has nine (9) rows of seating in sections 2, 3, and 4; and seven (7) rows in section 1. There is not a bad seat in the house. The performers on stage play to all four sections of the audience.
- The Marriott Theatre was founded in 1975 and has presented more than 180 productions since its opening in 1975.
This is a great venue to enjoy a play for several reasons:
- Comfortable theatre with great seating and excellent acoustics.
- The talent on stage is second to none.
- Ample parking immediately outside the front doors. If you prefer, they have a terrific valet service for only $5.00.
In summary, Mamma Mia! is a wonderful musical performed by top-class talent. The costumes and stage design were perfectly executed. The cast were incredible performers with world-class singing voices and the energy level was off the charts the entire performance.
This is a compelling must-see performance that will entertain, educate, and pull your heart strings.
Absolutely highly recommend!